Call our Free 24/7 Helpline Now
The Role of Hormones
- Estrogen effects the levels of serotonin & melotonin (neurotransmitters associated with a sense of well-being & sleep patterns)
- Estrogen interacts with serotonin & melotonin & the levels of estrogen shift during a woman’s menstrual, perimenopausal or menopausal phases
- Alcohol can interfere with hormone actions
- Can alter blood sugar levels & exacerbate or cause diabetes
- Impair reproductive functions
- Interfere with calcium metabolism & bone structure, increasing the risk of osteoporosis
- Can trigger relapse or exacerbate the addiction process
- When ovarian hormones surge, there is often an increase in aggressive behaviors, depression & the recurrence of traumatic memories
- During perimenopause & menopause mood swings, feelings of grief, insomnia, hot flashes, loss of libido, forgetfulness result from declining levels of estrogen
Where do calls go?
Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Additional calls will also be forwarded and returned by a quality treatment center within the USA.
Calls to any general helpline (non-facility specific 1-8XX numbers) for your visit will be answered by a licensed drug and alcohol rehab facility, a paid advertiser on orchidrecoverycenter.com.
All calls are private and confidential.