Call our Free 24/7 Helpline Now
The Role of Hormones
- Estrogen effects the levels of serotonin & melotonin (neurotransmitters associated with a sense of well-being & sleep patterns)
- Estrogen interacts with serotonin & melotonin & the levels of estrogen shift during a woman’s menstrual, perimenopausal or menopausal phases
- Alcohol can interfere with hormone actions
- Can alter blood sugar levels & exacerbate or cause diabetes
- Impair reproductive functions
- Interfere with calcium metabolism & bone structure, increasing the risk of osteoporosis
- Can trigger relapse or exacerbate the addiction process
- When ovarian hormones surge, there is often an increase in aggressive behaviors, depression & the recurrence of traumatic memories
- During perimenopause & menopause mood swings, feelings of grief, insomnia, hot flashes, loss of libido, forgetfulness result from declining levels of estrogen
Where do calls go?
Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Additional calls will also be forwarded and returned by one of our treatment partners below.
Calls to any general helpline (non-facility specific 1-8XX numbers) for your visit will be answered by ARK Behavioral Health, a paid advertiser on OrchidRecoveryCenter.com.
All calls are private and confidential.