Call our Free 24/7 Helpline Now
The Role of Hormones
- Estrogen effects the levels of serotonin & melotonin (neurotransmitters associated with a sense of well-being & sleep patterns)
- Estrogen interacts with serotonin & melotonin & the levels of estrogen shift during a woman’s menstrual, perimenopausal or menopausal phases
- Alcohol can interfere with hormone actions
- Can alter blood sugar levels & exacerbate or cause diabetes
- Impair reproductive functions
- Interfere with calcium metabolism & bone structure, increasing the risk of osteoporosis
- Can trigger relapse or exacerbate the addiction process
- When ovarian hormones surge, there is often an increase in aggressive behaviors, depression & the recurrence of traumatic memories
- During perimenopause & menopause mood swings, feelings of grief, insomnia, hot flashes, loss of libido, forgetfulness result from declining levels of estrogen
Where do calls go?
For those seeking addiction treatment for themselves or a loved one, the OrchidRecoveryCenter.Com is a private and convenient solution.
Calls to any general helpline (non-facility specific 1-8XX numbers) for your visit will be answered by American Addiction Centers (AAC).
We are standing by 24/7 to discuss your treatment options. Our representatives work solely for AAC and will discuss whether an AAC facility may be an option for you. Our helpline is offered at no cost to you and with no obligation to enter into treatment.
Neither OrchidRecoveryCenter.Com nor AAC receives any commission or other fee that is dependent upon which treatment provider a visitor may ultimately choose.