Alcohol and Addiction Studies
Alcohol addition is a serious topic. Over the years there have been numerous studies of alcohol addictions and suggested treatment methods. Below is a collection of not only studies and reports that have been written, but additional resources such as alcohol policies and treatment methods.
Reports and Studies
- Journal Studies on Alcohol and Drugs – This is the oldest published alcohol and addiction research journal. Browse through current and past issues on a variety of addiction topics.
- Alcohol Studies – A collection of commissioned papers on alcohol addiction. Most of these papers are in PDF format.
- NIAAA – The organization of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism publishes a vast amount of journals and research information on alcohol addiction.
- Alcohol Journal Abbreviations – This helpful website should be on hand when reading addiction journals. It lists tons of abbreviations and what they stand for. It is a great reference tool.
- Alcohol and Addiction Reports – Brown University’s website has an archive of journals that have been published by its in house research center.
- Addictive Disorders – Rutgers University has published a list of research reports and journals on alcohol and other addictions.
- Addiction Journal – This organization is a powerhouse of information on addiction journals and resource papers that have been published. You can ever subscribe to their newsletter to receive the latest publications.
- Addiction Research – The University of Buffalo has published articles and research finding on addiction from their Addiction Research Unit.
- Brown University Addiction Studies – Brown University’s education and research center for addictions.
- University of Alaska Alcohol and Addiction studies – This university uses public services and advanced research to reduce substance abuse.
- Harvard Alcohol Study – Harvard University’s alcohol study program has a great selection of publications that have been written on alcohol abuse.
- University of Delaware Drug and Alcohol Studies – This University established their own Center for Drug and Alcohol studies in 1991.
- Chapel Hill School of Medicine – The University of North Carolina established not only a center for addiction research, but also a conference center to host medical conventions on the topic.
- Waggoner Center for Alcohol and Addiction Research – The University of Texas opened this research center in 1999 to focus on the neurological study of people with addictions.
- Ohio State Alcohol and Drug Addiction – Established in 1974, Ohio State University has been dealing with patients by tailoring recovery programs for their addictions.
- Texas Tech Addiction and Recovery – Texas Tech University started their addiction recovery program to help students recover from addictions.
- Rowan University Center for Addiction Studies – Rowan University provides students with individual treatment for their addictions.
- Vanderbilt Addiction Center – Vanderbilt University Medical Center has a branch dedicated to addiction treatment.
- Dartmouth Center on Addiction, Recovery and Education – Dartmouth college is well known throughout the world for its medical research. Their Addiction, Recovery, and Education Center is nationally renowned.
- Alcohol Policy Information – This online resource provides information and resources on any existing and new addiction policies. If offers the ability to search for policies by state as well.
- 2008 NAATP Policies – The National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers issued their 2008 Addiction Policy report.
- A Girl’s Guide to Taking Care of Her Body
- Abortion Laws of The World
- ADHD Basic Information
- Alcohol Effects On Your Baby
- Autoimmune Disease in Women
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression: What You Need To Know
- Depression Treatment Centers for Women
- Guide to Pharmacology Terms
- Health Benefits of Meditation
- Help For Sexual Assault
- Personality Disorder Screening
- Reproductive Technology
- Self-Injury Information
- Sober Living Resources
- The Anorexia Resource
- The Anxiety Disorders Page
- The Feminist Movement
- Women and Prison
- Women’s Mental Health
- Womens Health Center Resources
- Womens’s Studies Resources