A Girl’s Guide to Taking Care of Her Body
Many teens feel adolescence is a never-ending roller coaster ride of conflicting emotions – happy, sad, mad, manic. One way to slow the out-of-control feeling is to focus on loving yourself, becoming comfortable with your body, and learning how to be healthy and fit. Cultivating a positive self-image, eating nutritious foods, and avoiding toxic substances like drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are key ways to develop inner and outer beauty for a lifetime.
- Adolescent Body Image – Important information about body image issues.
- Body Image Fact Sheet – Tips on how to improve self esteem and body image.
- Decoding Food Labels – Learn how to decode and understand food label information.
- Healthy Bones – Keep bones strong and avoid risks of fractures.
- New Food Guide Pyramid – Applying new nutrition guidelines to today’s young women.
- Successful Weight Management – Important facts and tips to help teens avoid fad diets.
- Teen Vitamin Guidelines – How to read and use daily values on food labels.
- Young Women Serving Sizes – Simple guide to serving sizes.
- Active at any Size – Fun ways to become more active and fit.
- Kids and Exercise – Tips for fun ways to exercise as a family.
- Sports and Fitness – Explains why fitness matters and how to choose a sport.
- Physical Activity – Seven easy ways to move and exercise more.
Facts About Food, Eating, and Weight Disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa – Definition, list of risk factors, and treatment suggestions.
- Binge Eating Disorder – Learn to identify the signs.
- Bulimia Nervosa – Signs, symptoms, and treatment for bulimia nervosa.
- Eating, Food, and Weight Disorder Statistics – Vital statistics on the affected population.
- Get Help – List of places offering help with eating, food, or weight disorders.
- Rare Eating Disorders – List of lesser known eating and food disorders.
- Treat Eating Disorders – Simple guide to eating disorder treatments.
- Overeating – Online help for overeating disorders.
- Peer Pressure – Learn how to handle and resist peer pressure.
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) – Causes, symptoms, and treatments to alleviate PMS.
- Teens and Alcohol – Lists the dangers of alcohol use.
- Abortion Laws of The World
- ADHD Basic Information
- Alcohol and Addiction Studies
- Alcohol Effects On Your Baby
- Autoimmune Disease in Women
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression: What You Need To Know
- Depression Treatment Centers for Women
- Guide to Pharmacology Terms
- Health Benefits of Meditation
- Help For Sexual Assault
- Personality Disorder Screening
- Reproductive Technology
- Self-Injury Information
- Sober Living Resources
- The Anorexia Resource
- The Anxiety Disorders Page
- The Feminist Movement
- Women and Prison
- Women’s Mental Health
- Womens Health Center Resources
- Womens’s Studies Resources