Are You a Good Candidate for Hormonal Therapy?
Every woman in recovery who menstruates or is going through one of the stages of menopause will benefit from Hormonal Therapy. But each participant who begins the program will undergo an assessment process to help them determine their focus during the therapy and make sure that each of their issues related to hormonal shifts and changes are addressed.
What Hormonal Stage Are You In?
If you are menstruating, you are dealing with a monthly shift that occurs in three phases, each with its own wave of hormones and associated symptoms. Over the years, the hormonal symptoms and changes you experience will fluctuate depending upon a number of factors: your level of fitness, your age, your family history, co-occurring medical conditions and more. When you reach peri-menopause and menopause, the transition from fertility to the cessation of ovulation and menstruation, you will undergo a wave of transformations that will affect you mentally, emotionally, and physically for a year or more. In post-menopause, your hormones calm down and you are finally free from hormonal stages and changes.
No matter which stage you are in when you undergo Hormonal Therapy at The Orchid, you will receive direct guidance and education related to your current stage and develop a plan for how you will address the stages that will follow.
Other Issues That the Affect the Direction of Your Hormonal Therapy at The Orchid
Though every woman in recovery will go through menstruation, peri-menopause, menopause and post-menopause, the timing of those stages and the severity of symptoms associated with the hormonal shifts will vary from woman to woman. There are a number of factors that will affect your experience during each hormonal stage and an assessment is done prior to the start of your Hormonal Therapy program at The Orchid to ensure that all the issues you are dealing with are addressed. You may be asked to provide information about the following:
- Your menstrual history: when you began your menstrual cycle, your experience with premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and other related issues
- Your menstrual cycle pattern: the length of your cycle, pain you may experience, and the fluctuation of your emotions throughout
- Spiritual issues related to these changes
- Sexual issues related to menstruation, fertility, and menopause
- Emotional and physical symptoms you experience in relation to your current and past hormonal stages
- How you manage the pain and symptoms that you experience during menstruation, PMS, peri-menopause and menopause
- Your maternal family history with menstruation and menopause and/ or the menstruation and menopause history of female siblings and extended female family members
Hormonal Therapy at The Orchid
Would you like to find out more about our innovative Hormonal Therapy program here at The Orchid? We are available to answer your questions any time. Simply contact us at the phone number listed above. A counselor is waiting to assist you and provide you with the information you need to better understand your body while you learn how to fight drug and alcohol addiction. Call now.Further Reading
- Benefits of Hormonal Therapy
- Hormonal Therapy and Menopause
- Hormonal Therapy and Menstruation
- Hormonal Therapy and Peri-Menopause
- Hormonal Therapy and PMS
- Hormonal Therapy and Post-Menopause
- Hormonal Therapy and the 4 Hormonal Stages in Women
- Recovery and Hormonal Therapy
- Strategies for Success in Hormonal Therapy